In accordance with Trisakti University’s policy which is more focused on “Urban University”, the expected graduates from the Environmental Engineering Study Program are those who are able to solve environmental problems, especially the urban environment, as a result of various human activities in big cities such as Jakarta.
In providing education, the Environmental Engineering Study Program applies face-to-face activities in the classroom, practicum in the laboratory, drawing/studio practice, practical work and so on. Especially for the implementation of practicum, it is absolutely necessary to have a proper laboratory to meet the needs of students, both for practicum, final project and research facilities for teaching staff, besides that it can also be used for community service.
Since the even semester of 1998/1999, the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory in the Environmental Engineering Study Program has been opened to serve students, lecturers and the general public in need. Laboratory activities carried out include:
Introduction of Microbiological parameters.
- Studying the techniques of working in the Microbiology Laboratory;
- Studying microbial growth and the factors that influence it;
- Studying the role of microbes as bioindicators and biocatalysts
The purpose of holding the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory in the Environmental Engineering Study Program is to:
- Serving students for Environmental Microbiology practicum/practice;
- Serving students for final project research;
- Development of knowledge for teaching staff in the Environmental Engineering Study Program;
- Provide facilities for public service.